I have a molar (#18) on lower left side of jaw whose side was broken off (half of the inside facing side extending to half of the front end) to below the gum line, exposing the filling which also goes below the gum line. It does not hurt and I have an emergency appointment to have it pulled within 24 hours. There was no decay involved, the tooth material over the metal filling was thin. Can that kind of injury be saved with a crown if that can be done quickly?? I want to avoid the risk of infection, so I'm not going to wait past tomorrow.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - June - 2011, at 18:54 PM

• Yes, these type of teeth can be saved by giving crowns and there is no need to get it pulled out  but for that tooth has to be examined clinicaaly and radiographicaaly to see the infection and the extent of the fracture.. For that you have to visit the dentist and if dentist feels that the crown can be given and the tooth can be saved then it is always better to save the tooth and go for the crown. For more info on cracked tooth you can visit the following lnk....www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cracked-tooth-56.aspx

Free Dental Consultation