Without going into my whole dental history on here, I had several small cavities filled on July 12th of this year. I believe it was 6 or 7. It was a 3 hour process. Prior to having this work done, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst), the most sensitivity I had - ever - was a 2 or 3. Now, almost 60 days later, it is a 12. The thing that concerns me is that it wasn’t like this in the first 2 weeks after the work. Sure I was sore and there was some sensitivity, but this is something that has become worse, most notably in the last 2 weeks. Anything I put in my mouth that is even the least bit cool and EVERY surface of EVERY tooth in my mouth is racked with pain. Anything like ice cream is out of the question and I cover my teeth with my lips when I drink cold water before and after I run. I have had dental work, to include extractions, since I was a child. Never have I had any lingering side effects. Also, most of the time, my mouth is in a dull ache which varies with how much I have chewed. Sometimes is just hurts. I am getting my ducks in line in case this gets worse or does not go away. If it doesn’t, and I have to lose teeth or anything like that, or live with it, well....thanks for your time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - September - 2010, at 20:46 PM

• Post filling sensitivity is there but that is for 2 to 3 days. Max imum for a week. If it is hurting even after 60 days and as per you the condition has deteriorated then either there is some leakage in the filling or some filling is deep . You should visit the dentist and get the treatment done. He will do the clnical examination and do the X-ray to find out the cause of the sensitivity. For more info on dental fillings you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_advantages-and-disadvantages-of-composites-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation