Hi, im getting 3 wisdom teeth pulled out and i am visiting my long distance girlfriend about a week after the procedure. I've heard the swelling will go down within three to four days. However, within a week will we be able to kiss? Or will this leave me prone to infection? Thankyou

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - May - 2011, at 06:53 AM

• Normally the wisdom tooth extraction the healing takes place within a week or 10 days if the extraction is normal and no much bone cutting is involved. Intial 2-3 days you have to take precaution so that the clot is not disturbed and you donot get the infection. After that once the healing is there then you have to take normal precautions and you should maintaing normal oral hygiene. After 7 days  the kissing is not going to cause any infection but it depends on the procedure like how the extraction is done. If the stitches are still there and socket is not healed then you have to take precaution. For more info on dos and don'ts after tooth extraction you can read this article...  http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation