My tooth became completely detached about 5 months ago on the inside, but the outside of it was still attached so i left it alone in fear of messing something up by pulling it out. I figured it'd come out on its own. Instead, the side of the tooth re-attached somehow and i thought nothing of it. Last December it became abscessed. I drained it and took proper care of it, then it went away. It came back again recently, it went away, and now it's back once more. The tooth is still partially detached on the inside, is it safe to pull it? (I don't have insurance, and am currently in search of a job). I have no possible way of paying for anything to be done. Is it ok if I pull it myself since it's half way out?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - March - 2011, at 20:22 PM

• No, you should not pull out the abcessed tooth yourself. If you pull it your self you are not sure whethewr the whole toth has come out or the root is left inside . If the root part is left out it can cause problem like infection. It is better to get it pulled out by the dentist. If you do not have insurance then you can go to some dental school where the treatment is cheaper  or you can browse the ADA website where sometimes group of dentists keep on announcing the free denal clinics. for more info on tooth extraction you can visit the following linkwww.identalhub.com/article_when-the-tooth-needs-to-be-extracted-149.aspx

Free Dental Consultation