i have a slight underbite that i want to rid of very badly without having braces. i was wondering how that was possible and how much it would cost? and also, one of my front teeth are longer than the other and i was wondering how to fix that without hitting the tooth nerve and without making the other one longer to match it. thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 26 - September - 2011, at 03:11 AM

• Joseph, you can't use hammer or any other hard object to hit teeth back to place. To correct your bite, you can opt for braces treatment. If you don't want to have metallic teeth, then you can get invisaligns to correct the bite. Cosmetic procedures can also be used to correct minor defects. If you have cost constrains, then you can approach any of the dental schools where treatment provided is cheap.

• Joseph

Joseph 26 - September - 2011, at 02:28 AM

• I have an underbite,but i cannot afford brace,is there not another way like hammer or other hard object to hit the teeths back to place

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - September - 2011, at 03:09 AM

• For correcting the bite, apart from braces treatment, you can go for invisaligns which are removable, clear aligners. You can also opt for cosmetic procedures like veneers or crowns for it. Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to invisaligns but can be used to correct minor malalignment.  If one of your front teeth is longer than the other, then you can go for selective grinding for it. If the tooth is quite longer, then you have to go for capping of the tooth following root canal procedure.  For the front teeth, you can go for porcelain capping which are highly esthetic.  Porcelain fused to metal (PFM) capping can also be given. They are also tooth colored but they are not as esthetic as porcelain capping.  The price of capping and invisaligns vary from place to place and dentist to dentist. The cost of all ceramic capping is $900-$1200 per tooth and cost of porcelain fused to metal (PFM) capping is $600-$900. The cost of invisaligns is $3500-$8000. For more info straightening teeth without braces treatment, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-straighten-teeth-without-wearing-braces-762.aspx

Free Dental Consultation