My name is Jose balderrama iam 40 yrs old iam disable I have diabetes and all my teeth are lose I really need to take them out I can't eat and sometimes I don't eat because my mouth hurts because my teeths sometimes I got infected I don't know what to do iam really desperate please help me if you can thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - January - 2012, at 03:08 AM

• Teeth can get loose because of gum infections present. In case of diabetic patients, incidence of gum infections is more. Blood sugar levels increases in diabetes which will further cause growth of bacteria and will cause gum infections. Diabetic patient with poor oral hygiene and habit of smoking will have high incidence of gum infections. If teeth are loose, then periodontal surgery can be done to make the teeth firm. If there is advanced periodontal disease present and extensive bone loss has occurred and all teeth are infected, then multiple teeth extraction is required. After multiple teeth extractions, complete dentures, immediate dentures or implant supported dentures can be given. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite treatment plan. Visit your dentist for treatment. You also need to control your high blood sugar levels and take necessary medicaments for it. Maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on dental treatment of diabetic patients, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dental-treatment-of-diabetic-patients-510.aspx

Free Dental Consultation