i have a cavitiy that is almost fully decayed and i think there might be an abcess under it what should i do because i have no insurance

Leave Comment

Comments

• Stephen Brandy

Stephen Brandy 21 - September - 2010, at 22:37 PM

• My guess would be that the dentist wants to remove that tooth which has decay in order so that it doesn't get infected and become much more serious.Infections can spread throughout one's body, depending upon the type of infection. My guess would be that if you consulted a dentist he/she would explain to you that infections can become quite serious & in some cases become life threatening.If I were you, I'd talk with the dentist and see if the two of you can work out a payment plan that works with your financial constraints.Go & get another opinion and this time ask the dentist what the repercussions of not addressing the problem in a timely manner is.

• Rachel Mery

Rachel Mery 20 - September - 2010, at 04:10 AM

• My 6 year old daughter is having a very bad tooth decay. I took her to the dentist and he said that lot of work needed to be done on her treatment.I am terrified because he said that she would be put to sleep every time wen she is going through the treatment, I dont want this but what about the bad tooth decay?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - September - 2010, at 20:06 PM

• If the tooth is fully decayed and it has abcess also then you have 2 options. You can either go for root canal treatment with crown to save it or you can get it pulled out. It is always better to save the tooth but the option of saving the tooth depends upon how much tooth loss is there or whether it can be saved or not. Getting root canal treatment and the crown is also a expensive treatment. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation