what the best tempoary treatment to treat a cavity till i get to my dental appinment(slight infection)can i use listerine mouthwash or warm salt water

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - August - 2011, at 03:43 AM

• If the cavity is causing pain and discomfort, then you can apply clove oil or directly put clove over that area. You can also put turmeric powder on the cotton swab and press it into the cavity for pain relief. If the cavity is not causing any pain or discomfort, then make sure to keep that area clean. Brush and floss regularly and don’t allow any food entrapment in the cavity. There are some temporary materials also available in the market OTC. You can even use them till you get your dental appointment. These temporary materials are to be replaced with the permanent materials. You can do warm saline rinses to reduce the gum swelling in the area of cavity which could be there because of deposits and food entrapment. Get the cavity restored asap to avoid deepening of the cavity and pain later on. You can get your tooth restored with composite filling material which is the tooth colored filling material and is esthetic. For more info on composite fillings, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-composites-40.aspx

Free Dental Consultation