I have a broken wisdom tooth which is causing me severe pain. I've tried every home remedy I can find and the pain is still very severe. I've tried clove oil, ice packs, olive oil, vanilla extract, even hydrocodone. The pain still continues only thing that helps is cold water but that only last a minute if that. I am unable to see a dentist till Thrusday three days from now please help

Leave Comment

Comments

• Reginald

Reginald 13 - May - 2012, at 17:11 PM

• Mine is broken now,and its waay back there at the top.It feels like broken glass,Id hate to make it sound more painful as it feels.I have tried the warm water,and went through three Orajels.Tylenol is hard to find now.Time for extraction

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - January - 2012, at 01:12 AM

• If wisdom teeth are broken, then they need to be pulled out. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication so no treatment is required for the wisdom tooth. Surgical extraction of wisdom tooth is done in most of the cases. Dentist will numb you and then will remove the tooth. For some pain relief, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Warm saline rinses will reduce swelling of gums in that area and will provide some relief. You can also apply orajel over site. You can keep a clove over that site and can take pain meds. Avoid eating from side of affected tooth and maintain good oral hygiene. Food accumulates in relation to broken wisdom tooth will aggravate the pain. You can try these remedies for pain relief. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-about-wisdom-teeth-920.aspx

Free Dental Consultation