My first molar is cracked with filling in it, I was eating ice and some got in between my first molar and gum. Once that happened my lower lip started twitching feeling wierd. Is that normal or is it affecting a nerve?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - August - 2011, at 20:21 PM

• Twitching and weird feeling in the lip is due to sensitivity in the tooth after it is cracked. It is normal to have this sensation. Normally this goes away after a minute or two but it can be again there if you take something cold or hot as the tooth is cracked and dentine which is very sensitive to hot n cold sensation is exposed. If the senation does not go and it lingers that means the pulp is also involved as the crack must be big. Now you have to a dentist who after clinical and radiographic examination will see the extent of crack and do treatment accordingly. If it is just dentine then composite filling will do otherwise you may need root canal treatment and dental crown on top of that. For more info on cracked tooth you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation