I just got my 2nd set of braces (the 1st time I just had braces on 4 teeth, now I have my whole mouth) last year, and for a while there was nothing wrong. But now, the gums between the 2 molars in the back on the top-right side of my mouth are REALLY sore. Used to they would just hurt when I ate crunchy foods like chips. But now I can't even chew ANY type of food on that side of my mouth. My dentist said it was nothing but I know she's wrong. Do I have a cavity between my molars? And how do I fix the problem? Because it's starting to effect my 2 back top-left molars and soon I wouldn't be able to chew any food at all!

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - July - 2010, at 19:57 PM

• Your dentist is right. It is because of the pressure put by the bracesto move the teeth. They will get adjusted with time and then you will be able to chew normally. If it is because of cavity or decay then you will have the hot and cold sensation also. But still you can get the X-ray done if you really want to be sure. If any decay is there that will be visible on the X-ray. For more info on braces you can visit the followng link  our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-when-will-the-pain-from-braces-stop-632.aspx

Free Dental Consultation