Hi there, I have struggled from bulimia for many years now..and am really worried about my teeth and gums. I visited a dentist a month or so ago and he spoke of loss of tooth enamel but didn't really make out that it was a massive problem...but am really worried it is. I'm recovering from this disorder, but still have relapses occasionally. IS there anything i can do to make my teeth more healthy and stronger?? any advise at all regarding dental health care?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - July - 2011, at 08:48 AM

• Due to bulimia the erosion of enamel takes place due to repeated acid attack as the induced vomittings are there. The patient can suffer from gum diseases also. In such cases along with treatment of bulimia, the patient is advised to use fluoridated tooth paste and fluoridated mouthwashes so that the enamel becomes resistant to acid attack and erosion does not take place. If erosion is already there and underlying dentine is exposed then the teeth are restored with either composite or crowns are given. For more info on tooth wear you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-wear-215.aspx

Free Dental Consultation