I just had my lower right back tooth pulled yesterday. I have been doing what dentist said to do. My concern is the area around where tooth was is turing white and looks like a blister forming or something. Should I be concerned?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - December - 2011, at 01:27 AM

• White stuff on tooth extraction socket can be there because of healing of tooth extraction socket. It is normal. If it was a simple tooth extraction, then complete healing will take place in 10-14 days after tooth extraction and if it was a surgical tooth extraction, then it may take weeks to months for extraction socket to heal completely. In case of healing of extraction socket, hematoma and clot formation takes place initially and after that, granulation tissue formation takes place. For faster healing to take place and to avoid any complications, take the meds as prescribed and follow the instructions of your dentist. Keep extraction socket area clean to avoid any secondary infections and continue with warm saline rinses. For more info on healing of extraction socket, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-healing-of-the-extraction-socket-874.aspx

Free Dental Consultation