My 4 year old daughter had to get crowns on her 4 front teeth, she was diagnosed with early childhood caries when she was a baby. The last visit that she had at the dentist i mentioned that she had a little white are a above one of the front teeth. Now it has a little bump at the top. I am not sure what this is or why it is happening, can you please give me some insight as to what you think it might be. Also if this is something that might need a root canal or extraction will this harm her permanent teeth? Thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - December - 2010, at 09:53 AM

•  It looks like that the front tooth which has bump has infection. In this pulp in involved and it has caused the infection in the tooth. If you are going for crown, you have to get the root canal treatment done before. If it is not root canal treated then this infection may cause the hypoplasia of the permanent tooth as permanent tooth bud is near to the root of the baby tooth. If you want to get is pulled out it may delay the eruption of the permanent tooth. For more info on crowns in children you can read the following article.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_crowns-in-children-236.aspx

Free Dental Consultation