Hi, I recently noticed my gums bleeding a lot when i brush and floss, so i stepped up my brushing and flossing alot. The bleeding has gone down quite a bit. But i recently noticed a tiny sore behind my front teeth. I looked at it with a mirror and notice wierd looking raised linish looking thing coming from the rest of the teeth, almost symetrically. Do you know what this is?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - December - 2011, at 23:14 PM

• Bleeding during brushing and flossing suggests gingivitis. Plaque and food accumulates in relation to teeth cause gingivitis. Gingivitis can also occur because of vitamin C deficiency. To avoid bleeding during brushing, it is important to brush and floss regularly and maintain a good oral hygiene to avoid deposits around teeth. You can also use a mouth wash to reduce bacteria in your mouth. Mouth wash is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal.  If gums are swollen, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Take more of lemonades and citrus fruits or vitamin C supplements if there is deficiency of vitamin C present.  Raised linish looking thing at back of upper teeth can be rugae which is a normal anatomy. Rugae might have become large and pronounced because of gingivitis. Forceful tooth brushing or eating some foods such as pineapple can cause irritation to rugae and can cause enlargement of rugae. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can refer to an oral surgeon or a pathologist if you are apprehensive. For detailed explanation on prevention of gingivitis, refer to…    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-prevent-gingivitis-688.aspx

Free Dental Consultation