Hi, I have very poor dental hygene since about my early 20's,I have a upper moler thats broken almost in half diagonally and a few days ago i noticed alittle pain when i bit down really hard, this quickly progressed into very sever throbing pain, wich lasted a couple of days. yesterday i noticed the pain in my moler was alot better but my cheek is now swollen slightly, and it really hurts if you even slightly put pressure on the outside of my cheek, and the pain seems to have moved up into my jaw.I no I probably need antibiotics to keep the infection from spreading but i have no insurance or money to see a dentist or doctor.Is there anything I can do to help aleiviate the pain or swelling, and keep the infection in check? And is it possable that it will heal on its own? PLEASE HELP!!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 26 - May - 2011, at 18:26 PM

  • Your molar is infected and you have to go to the dentist to find out the extent of infecton. He will take an X-ray and find out whether the toth can be saved by root canal treatment or it has to be pulled out. Yes, you will be needig antibiotics but that will be prescribed by your dentist only. If you do not have an insurance you can go to some dental school where the treatment is cheaper. for more info on tooth abscess you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation