I was starving last week and now im getting back to health.. will my gums come back to health as well? They now bleed like mad when i brush and hurt bad when i eat hard food. this was not a problem before i gotten sick.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - December - 2011, at 03:40 AM

• Starvation causes fatigue, dizziness, bleeding gums, tooth decay, pale dry skin and also causes anger, depression and anxiety. Your body will not get nutrients if you are starving and body’s immune system will be compromised which will make it harder for the body to fight infections which will further lead to bleeding gums.  Once you will start eating nutritious diet, your gums will come back to normal. Bleeding and soreness of gums mainly occurs because of plaque and tartar deposits around the teeth or can occur because of vitamin C deficiency. To avoid bleeding from gums, maintain good oral hygiene. Brush twice daily after breakfast and at night before going to bed.  Also do dental flossing to remove the deposits which are present interdentally. You can also use a mouthwash which is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal. Take foods rich in vitamin C such as lemonades or vitamin C supplements to avoid bleeding of gums. If there is swelling of gums present, then you can also do warm saline rinses to reduce the gum swelling. You can also do gum massage which will stimulate the gums and will reduce swelling. Gum bleeding and soreness will regress in some time. Maintain good oral hygiene and take care of your gums till they heal. Don’t irritate your gums too much. If condition doesn’t improve, then you can visit a dentist. For more info on gum diseases, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation