i had a habit of eating packed sweet supari (betel nut). now i have totally stopped it since last 3 months. i do have marks on the joints of 2 adjoining teeth, on all joints. i do not have a problem of bad odour neither have any history of any kind of tooth problem. i brush regularly with regular flossing n use inter-dental brush as well. but the brown stains still remain. will these stains create any dental trouble for me in future? are these due to my habit of eating betelnut? what all other problems are cause due to this habit of eating betelnut (oral n otherwise also)?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - February - 2010, at 20:23 PM

• Yes the stains are because of beetal nut chewing and it is better to get the cleaning done from dentist. It does not create any problem as now you have stopped eating but gums can be irritate and it looks very ugly. So get the scaling done which will remove these stains and thereafter you can maintain it. For more info on scaling you can read the following articles to clear further doubts.. http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-scaling-24.aspx

Free Dental Consultation