I had a tooth break off that was root canalled theres been no pain with it then yesterday I woke up in quite a bit of jaw pain in the area and my lip was numb in the bottom left side of my bottom lip. I've been to the ER for antibiotics and viccoden I know its not been 24s yet on the meds but the viccoden is barley cutting the pain and my lip is even more numb... but theres no swelling... what els should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - March - 2011, at 19:51 PM

• Your symptoms shows that you have a badly infected tooth. The root canal treated tooth if breaks which is commom if it is not crowned, then it can get infected. Now you are taking antibiotics and the pain killer .The antibiotic will start its effect by third day. In the mean time you have to go to the dentist who after taking the X-ray's and clinical examination will make the diagnosis and if possible you canbe advised to go for the re root canal treatment. You can do warm saline rinses and maintain very good oral hygiene so that food impaction is not there, which will make the matters more complicated. For more info on re-root canal treatment you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation