I had a tooth extracted on Wednesday. It's Saturday and I'm still in awful pain. I've been taking Advil for the swelling and they gave me Lortabs for pain at the drs. I also have bad diarrhea. What should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2012, at 00:51 AM

• Pain after tooth extraction can be there because of normal healing. If it was a simple tooth extraction and pain is getting worse, then it can be because of dry socket. Dry socket is a condition in which blood clot is dislodged or dissolves and causes severe radiating pain. Diarrhea can occur because of side effects of pain meds or antibiotics. If there is problem with medicaments, then your dentist will prescribe you some other meds. Pain and soreness will get better in some time. Continue with warm saline rinses for faster healing of extraction socket to take place and keep extraction socket area clean. In case of simple tooth extraction, healing of extraction socket occurs in 10-14 days and if it was a surgical or complicated tooth extraction, then it may take weeks to months for extraction socket to heal completely. For more info on pain after tooth extraction, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-tooth-extraction-890.aspx

Free Dental Consultation