4 months ago i had a lot of dental work done. A bridge replaced which required some fillings underneath, 2 caps w/fillings, remove and replace 2 other fillings. fill 5 front upper teeth due to wearing down. I was told some of the replacment filling were deep. I have also had pain on the top left side for many years when i bite down on something which no one has been able to find any problem with.Since having all this done i feel uncomfortable when i bite down hard on something or eat something that requires a lot of chewing. my dentist tells me it will take time to get used to everything and that my filling will have to scar. In the last 4 days i have experienced severe pain off and on (first on one side and then later on the other side) and today it just hurts to close my teeth. What is going on. Could i be alergic to my new fillings, do i have some strange virus. i do not have pereodontal disease. i don't know if every thing needs to be redone or if my dentist will even do it. can you tel me what i should do. thanks. karen.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - March - 2011, at 20:35 PM

• From your sypmtoms it looks like you have some infected tooth. As you have written that some of fillings were quite deep so may be one of the filling is deep enough to cause infection of tooth. The symptoms are not of any allergy but are of infected tooth. So for this you have to again go to your dentist who after clinical exam and xrays will find out which tooth is infected and treat the infected tooth. After that you will be comfortable. Till then you can take some pain killer tab. For more info on problems after crowns you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation