I am a college student and I am having trouble finding time to brush my teeth. People tell me you must brush at night to get any benefit, but it's inconvenient for me to brush at night because of classes and because I eat right up until I go to sleep. I have more time to brush in the morning, but people say it doesn't work. I can't brush after everything I eat because I don't have time to access sink facilities all throughout the day. I want to know if it's true that you must brush at night because "sugar eats away at your teeth at night."

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - August - 2010, at 09:50 AM

• Yes,brushing at night is very important as at night after taking food you are not eating any thing till morning and this is the time when swallowing reflex is minimal and the self cleansing by saliva is not there. The bacteria in the mouth ferment the food which is stuck between the teeth if brushing and flossing is not done and produce acid which causes the decay of the tooth . So night brushing is very important. There is no substitute for night brushing but still if it is impossible to do brushing then you can use good antimicrobial mouth wash with fluoride and do not rinse your mouth afterwards. For more info on oral hygeine you can visit the following lik on our website.......www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-oral-hygiene-important-232.aspx

Free Dental Consultation