Last year I got braces on my top teeth to lessen a gap , and prepare for crowns. I needed crowns because my front teeth (in the back) had dentin exposed....I have had this problem for years...the bad taste started only after the braces were placed....I brush 2-3 times every day...I have tried dental rinses...My dentist said my teeth look healthy. I have temporary crowns now...But the taste is getting worse....To me it tastes like some sort of infection...I am going crazy...chewing gum..sucking mints....the taste is terrible....I appreciate your time. Thank You

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - October - 2011, at 23:50 PM

• Bad taste after getting braces can be because of food deposits around the teeth and wires. Along with brushing, it is important to floss too with braces treatment. Flossing will remove the deposits which are present interdentally. Bad taste in mouth with temporary dental crown can be there because of food accumulates around the temporary dental crown. Temporary dental crowns don’t fit that well to the tooth structure as the permanent dental crowns do and food deposits around the temporary dental crown can lead to bad taste. It can also be because of some medicaments which you might be taking. To get rid of bad taste, Brush and floss regularly. Don’t floss in area of temporary dental crown as it can lead to fall of temporary dental crown. Use a mouth wash or do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. For more info on temporary dental crown, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-temporary-dental-crown-899.aspx

Free Dental Consultation