I've gotten 2 of my fillings replaced, because they were old. (No pain previously.) After the fillings were replaced, I've had to return to the dentist 3 times to get my bite adjusted because the teeth were now causing me pain. She made it sound like this was a pretty common problem, but I'm not so convinced. I would think a dentist should know how to file down the teeth so they weren't so "high". Should I get a new dentist?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 23 - June - 2010, at 10:44 AM

  • You have not mentioned which filling you have before and what type you got after wards. Some times after getting the filling replaced the pain is there but it settles down. But if pain is there because of high filling then it should be adjusted in one visit . It should not take so much visits. you can talk to your dentist or you can take the second opinion. For more info on dental fillings you can visit the following link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-are-fillings-placed-57.aspx

Free Dental Consultation