I think i might have an abcess and it got my tooth and ear hurting so bad and i need some relief. what can i do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - November - 2011, at 02:04 AM

• Pain in the tooth can be because of abscessed tooth. If pain is radiating to ear, then it can also be because of impacted wisdom tooth or TMJ disorder. If pain is because of abscessed tooth, then you need to get treatment done for it. Drainage of abscess can be established by root canal therapy procedure. To reduce infection, antibiotics will be given to you. Take rest and consume more of fluids. Avoid eating from the side of painful tooth. Placing a clove over the affected tooth may also help. If pain is because of impacted wisdom tooth, then you need to get the impacted wisdom tooth pulled out. Dentist will take an x-ray to see the positioning of the impacted tooth. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You have to visit your dentist to get diagnosis made and treatment done. For more info on abscessed tooth, refer to… http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation