I have a bump on my gum at the bottom and it hurts. What do I do? What is it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - February - 2012, at 09:48 AM

• Tammy, if after 2 weeks of root canal treatment the tooth is still hurting and there is small bump besides the tooth that means either the infection is not removed fully or the tooth has become infected again. After RCT tooth takes 3-4 days to settle down and sometimes it is painful after after 2 weeks it should not be painful. There is a chance that your temp cap is high which is causing repeated trauma. So schedule and appointment with your dentist who has done the RCT.

• tammy

tammy 07 - February - 2012, at 15:48 PM

• i just had a root cannal done and had a cap ddone the same day the real cap not a temp. cap why does it still hurt and gum to ear hurts and have a small bump beside tooth this was done over 2 weeks ago its driving me crazy

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - August - 2011, at 23:33 PM

• The bump on the gums can be because of sinus in relation to the decayed tooth or it can be gum abscess or can be a canker sore. If it is because of the decayed tooth then the tooth has to be either root canal treated or it has to be pulled out. If it is is because of the gum problem then the gum treatment has to be done.  The treatment may vary from deep cleaning to gum surgeries depending on the infection present and the amount of bone loss.  If it is a canker sore than it will heal on its own in 10-14 days .  There is no specific treatment for canker sores. You can do warm saline rinses for some relief.  Vitamin B supplements may facilitate the healing. Maintain a good oral hygiene.  If it persists beyond 10-14days, then consult your dentist. For more info on canker sores, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_canker-sore-234.aspx

Free Dental Consultation