I got four filling in April. Shortly after i went back my dentist because i though they fell out but he said they didn't and just filed them down a bit. So I brushed more often with my spin brush and flossed daily. My cavities are (in both sides of my wisdom teeth plus the two teeth right in from of them). So they are hard to reach but I do my best. A week ago I started getting pain in my tooth I ignored it at first. But now it;s irritating. The left wisdom tooth hurts more than the right. It feels like food is stuck in it so I tried flossing. But to no prevail. I've tried brushing more often flossing and chewing on it to try to alleviate the pain. I also can't go back to my doctor because I no longer have insurance. Please help me.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - May - 2011, at 20:04 PM

• If the pain in wisdom teeth is there but you are able to chew that means there is some gum problems. Along with brushing, flossing you can do warm saline rinses  but if pain is there on chewing that means wisdom tooth is infected and for that you have to go to dentist who after seeing xrays will find out cause of pain and if it is infected then as it is wisdom tooth, it will be pulled out. In wisdom teeth root canal treatment is not recommended as these teeth donot help in chewing and moresoever  root canal treatment is quite difficult due to their anatomy. If you donot have insurance then you can look for free dental clinics organised by dental groups in your city and for this you can browse your local city websites or you can look for ada.org for notices on this. If you are advised for wisdom teeth removal then all your wisdom teeth will be removed in one go. You can also check with dental school near your home as these are cheaper than private dentists and even sometimes free. For more info on wisdom teeth you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation