I need 8 crowns total- 4 upper front and 4 lower front. Insurance willl not help because there is no decay or breakage. The teeth are worn from chewing. I should have had braces early in life, now I am 52 and do not want to go thru that. I was told conflicting stories. One dentist said that if we do crowns without correcting the bite first, the crowns will chip and break. Another says that crowns are so strong now and if it took 50 years to wear them this much, surely crowns would last 15-20 yrs. Do you agree? Will crowns change the size of everyting and thus change the bite slighltly? Could we wear a mouthguard parttime after crown work to protect from wear? Thank you for a prompt reply.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - March - 2010, at 20:10 PM

• It is very difficult to comment with out seeing the case But still ideall it is always better that the bite is raised before going for the crowns . That way they will last longer and aesthetically also good results can be given. But if your dentist is confident that by adjusting te position of crowns he can give them then you can think about that. In my pinion for best results bite should be raised before going for the crown.If you want to know more about the smile make over you can visit the folowing link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cosmetic-dentistry-85.aspx

Free Dental Consultation