my gum is seperating from my back molar creating a pocket and is soar when proded. the gum is only acting up in this location. my wisom teeth are gone

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - February - 2012, at 00:43 AM

• Periodontal pocket occurs when the sulcular depth increases and apical migration of junctional epithelium takes place. Loss of attachment, bone loss, plaque and calculus deposits, bad breath, swollen gums occur with periodontal pocket. Recession of gums, bleeding gums also occur in case of periodontal pocket. Pathological migration along with furcation involvement may also occur in case of periodontitis. Inadequate oral hygiene of patient leads to plaque and calculus deposits around teeth and leads to periodontal pocket formation. You need to get dental cleaning and root planning done for treatment of periodontal pocket. Maintain good oral hygiene to avoid plaque and calculus deposits around back molar. Brush and floss and also use a mouth wash to remove deposits around teeth. To reduce swelling of gums, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. For more info on periodontal gum infection, visit……

Free Dental Consultation