i had a root canal done yesterday. this morning while eating breakfast my crown fell out. will there be a problem if i wait until monday to see my dentist?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2012, at 00:08 AM

• You must be given temporary dental crown after root canal treatment. Temporary dental crown is attached to the prepared tooth structure with a temporary dental cement so it may fall off. Try to schedule an early appointment with your dentist to get crown fixed. Temporary dental crown is given to prevent teeth adjacent to prepared teeth and prepared teeth from shifting. Temporary dental crown also provides esthetics and prevent food accumulates around the prepared tooth structure. You can get temporary dental crown fixed from your dentist. By the time, you get the crown fixed; avoid eating from side of root canal treated tooth. After root canal treatment, tooth becomes brittle and can fracture. Keep the prepared tooth clean and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on temporary dental crown, refer to……    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-temporary-dental-crown-899.aspx

Free Dental Consultation