My 2 year old chipped her tooth about 6:00 tonight (Friday). There was no bleeding, and except for the initial impact there has been no other pain. I looked at the chipped tooth and saw a dark reddish dot in the middle; I suspect that to be the root, and I also assume we were very close to bleeding. She of course notices that there is the portion missing, and she is now sensitive to fruits, I suspect because of the acidity more than the coolness. I know that the baby tooth will fall out eventually, and I don't have extra money to try and put a cap on a toddler's tooth. Should we still have the tooth checked out?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - July - 2011, at 19:53 PM

• After the tooth is chipped, if you can see the red spot that means the tooth is exposed and need the treatment otherwise it will get infected and the child can have infected tooth with abscess. It is already sensitive, so you have to go to a Pedodontist and get the treatment done. It is not necessary that child will be needing a cap. It can be restored with restoration depending on the chip size. For more info on child dental problems you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-different-types-of-children-dental-emergencies-793.aspx

Free Dental Consultation