There is a visible black color between my crowned tooth and gumline...Will getting a dental implant get rid of that black color and provide me with better heart health for the future?

Leave Comment

• rose

rose 04 - October - 2010, at 21:56 PM

• It could be canker sores or it could be herpes simplex - not to be confused with the STD. Herpes simplex is dormant in most people and only surfaces when one is sick or stressed out. There are several good medications on the market for it. I'd see your doctor and get an RX.Get Well Soon!!!!!

• Rachel Mery

Rachel Mery 04 - October - 2010, at 04:12 AM

• I keeop gettin these very tiny sores in my mouth. It will b only one little red spot some times white. It will hurt but will leave n like 2 days like nothin was ever there . Normally at the base of my gums or on my cheek where i sometimes chew. Now my toung is starting to hurt sometimes but there arent any bumps or red spots. I heard of canker sores but mine dont look bad like those they are very when they come and only stay for two days or maybe 4 then gone. I will only get one then like the next week get another etc.. It started to come when i was stressed out gettin less sleep and eating changed to ya know tht greasy stuff .. does this have n e thing to do with it? lemme know

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - October - 2010, at 20:08 PM

• Implants are done when the tooth is missing. In your case it looks like that your tooth is presen tand that is crowned.The black line is because of the visibility of the metal which is used in PFM. If you want better esthetics then you can go for all ceramic crown. But if you want to go for the implant then you have to get the tooth extracted before getting the implant. If you want to know more about the dental implants you can visit the following

Free Dental Consultation