The back molars on the bottom look like they are turning brown. It doesn't hurt or anything but I am concerned because I have never really had a problem with this. I made a dentist appointment but it's in February and I don't want to wait that long if it could further damage my teeth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - January - 2012, at 02:57 AM

• Back molars can be turning brown because of tooth decay or can be there because of some stains. It can also be calculus deposits in relation to cervical portion of tooth. Tooth decay initially causes no pain or sensitivity but as the cavity deepens, it causes these problems. If it is tooth decay, then restoration is required for the tooth. Tooth can be restored with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material or can be restored with dental crown depending on extent of tooth decay. If it is stains or deposits present on teeth, then dental cleaning is required for it. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. Your dentist after evaluation can do necessary treatment. By the time you visit your dentist, maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on treatment of dental caries, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-of-cavities-in-teeth-923.aspx

Free Dental Consultation