one tooth fell out or broke..and all my teeth are crooked

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 01 - September - 2011, at 00:44 AM

  • For the crooked tooth, you can refer to your orthodontist who specializes in straightening the crooked teeth. He can see whether any tooth removal is required for gaining space to correct the teeth or not. If tooth removal is required, then the tooth can be removed but if extraction of the tooth is not required, then the tooth can be saved by post and core procedure or by crowning after root canal treatment depending on the amount of tooth structure which is lost. If tooth can’t be saved and is not required for gaining the space, then the tooth can be replaced by implants after extraction. Implants are bit expensive option. If you can’t afford implants, then you can also go for fixed bridges for missing tooth replacement. For the crooked teeth, you can go for braces for alignment of the teeth. If you don’t want to have metallic smile, then you can even opt for invisaligns which are tooth colored, removable braces. Apart from braces and invisaligns, if the crookedness is less, then a person can even opt for cosmetic procedures like veneers and crowns. Braces treatment takes around 18-24 months to straighten the teeth wheras the cosmetic procedures don’t take that long. For more info on straightening teeth without braces treatment, you can refer to the following article.

Free Dental Consultation