I have 3 teeth that need to be pulled, I have an infection in the gum below one of them. I dont know what caused it, and would like to know why? Went to the er today and they told me to just keep taking the penicellin, even though its not working

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - January - 2012, at 03:47 AM

• Infection can occur in the gums because of plaque and calculus deposits in relation to teeth. Poor oral hygiene, tooth malpositioning, broken tooth, faulty tooth restorations etc are some of the plaque retentive factors which further increase the incidence of gum infections. Smoking, diabetes, emotional stress along with deposits around teeth influences the host response and leads to gum infections. Gum infection can also occur from infected tooth. Deposits in relation to teeth can cause bone resorption and make the tooth mobile. Antibiotics are given to control the infection and are effective on third day. If tooth is unrestorable, then it can be pulled out. After extraction, you can get your missing teeth replaced with dental implants, dental bridge or partial dentures. Dental implants are the best option for missing tooth replacement. By the time, you get extraction done, you can avoid eating from side of affected tooth and do warm saline rinses. For more info on indications of tooth extraction, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-the-tooth-needs-to-be-extracted-149.aspx

Free Dental Consultation