during a tooth extraction of a back tooth not wisdom the procedure was stop and i was sent to an oral surgeon/ part of the root broke and went up into my sinus cavity surgery was done that fine no problem now three weeks later after mucos is coming out of my mouth not noise and now i need act scan is this normal

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - December - 2011, at 02:04 AM

• During extraction of upper first molar, roots of teeth may be displaced into the sinus. Upper molars have roots close to the sinus. This complication is more common when the teeth project into sinus than when there is considerable bone between floor of sinus and root apices. If root of the tooth is irretrievable and is healthy and is less than 3mm in size, then it can be left in the sinus.  If root is infected and is more than 3mm in size, then it is removed. To remove the root from the sinus, suction tip, iodoform gauze packed through the socket into the sinus or direst approach method is used. After surgery, patient is instructed not to forcefully blow of nose and not to use straw or smoke and keep mouth open when sneezing. In a couple of days, thin barrier is formed and it gets healed up completely. Mucous coming out of mouth suggests that complete healing has not taken place and communication is still present. Keep following the instructions of your dentist for healing to take place. Avoid smoking and drinking from straw and keep it clean. Scan is required to see the communication between mouth and the sinus.  For more info on complications during tooth extraction, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-during-tooth-extraction-880.aspx

Free Dental Consultation