Hello... I have a question about what kind of bridge or procedure I need to replace missing teeth. I am missing 3 teeth from both sides, both top and bottom with only one tooth to attach to. Would I have to get a partial denture or can I get a bridge? I just dont know whats out there and whats more effective.Please help...

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 13 - May - 2011, at 10:21 AM

  • The missing teeth can be replaced by dental bridge if there are abutment teeth on both sides of the missing area which can give support to the bridge. If support giving teeth are not there then one can opt for cantilever bridge in which the supporting teeth are only anterior  to the missing teeth. The other option is to go for implants in which the screws in bone give the support to the tooth. The cheapest and temporary is to go for removable partial dentures which can be removed and cleaned. You can opt for cast metal partial dentures also. For more info on bridge you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation