Full mouth - Cemented Porcelain Dental Bridges, with Titanium metal on the inside. Procedure done in Belgrade, Serbia. About a Month and a week later, continuous pain, that starts in the jaw bone and moves to the front of the mouth, causing all teeth to throb in pain. Certain teeth are sensitive to the touch or biting hard foods. All teeth are VERY sensitive to Hot and Cold. If one of the two extremes irritate the teeth, pain is still there even after the irritant is no longer there. Pain wakes me up from sleep or naps. Pain worsens if laying flat, propped up is the only way to sleep even for a couple hours. There is no swelling or gum swelling. Just PAIN. I had been put on penicillin 500mg, 3x a day, for two weeks. It did nothing to ease the pain or times of discomfort. Doctor has prescribe Percocet 5mg, 3x a day as needed. Please, someone tell me what is POSSIBLY wrong here? Doctor even says there is no infection, what is wrong and will this pain subside? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2011, at 19:28 PM

• Your signs and symptoms for pain indicate that the underlying teeth are infected. If the tooth is infected and pulp involvement is there, only then there is pain on lying down. But which tooth is infected can be diagnosed only after taking xrays and doing some clinical tests like percussion of teeth. So you have to get full mouth xray done to find out which tooth is infected and get the treatment done for same which will be root canal treatment. Already you are taking antibiotics for quite a long time and if it is infection then you have to get the treatment done. The antibiotics will only give temporary relief. You can take a second opinion from an Endodontist. For more info on problems after crowns and bridges you can read this artilce... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation