hi i know this may sound weird, but i just wanna know if its normal to have somehow a 'semen' smell in my mouth when i get my gum retainer on my lower teeth. well, its not really that bad. i just find it weird. also i dont know if its because of my newly growing wisdom tooth in my lower left. do you have any idea a bout this doc? Thank you :D

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - June - 2011, at 18:23 PM

• Retainers are made of resins and donot smell but you have to really keep them clean. If it is removable type of retainer then you must wash it with mild detergent or you can even buy some denture cleaning solution. Also you should keep good oral hygien by doing atleast twice brushing, flossing and tongue cleaning (most important) as tongue is major source to bad smell coming from mouth due to depositons on tongue. It cannot be from growing wisdom tooth if you donot have any pain or swelling or problem from their growing. However you should visit a dentist to get the wisdom teeth checked whether they are growing in in right direction and there is enough space in your gums for their eruption. In case you have pain and swelling etc then there can be infection which can have bad smell coming from mouth. For better understanding of wisdom teeth you can read this article.....  www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation