Looking over my paper work I am assuming I am numbering the tooth right, it was my upper right bicuspid. Anyway here is my question it's kind of long and very sorry your answers are greatly appreciated. I had my upper bicuspid extracted on Monday, and I am curious at what point do you develop dry socket if you are and how long I have to wait to eat normal food again, drink through a straw and resume activities. I am wanting to go water skiing this weekend and tubing and have a few beers. I am so worried about disturbing the area that's all I think about, I do not want dry socket but I have smoked since I had this done. When I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out many years ago I had no problems, I smoked and did other things because I was in no pain. Also I just noticed around the gum it is white. I don't have much pain I have been taking advil 800mg 3-4 times per day. I was given a script for vicodin but didn't fill it because I didn't need it.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - April - 2010, at 20:02 PM

• You cannot do normal things like drinking from straw, depends upon type of extraction. if it is a simple tooth extraction, then normally 24-48 hours, you have to take precautions and after that you just have to take care of oral hygiene. But if it is a complicated tooth extraction like Surgical Tooth Extraction  involving bone cutting then you should follow do's and don'ts given by Oral Surgeon Dentist for one week. Chances of dry socket formation are mostly on 2nd or 3rd day after tooth extraction. For more info on tooth extraction aftercare you can read this very comprehensive article on our website and if you still have question, you can ask again http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation