I had a root can performed on tooth #14 in 2006 without a crown, the gum bled everytime I flossed. In 2010 the tooth cracked, and the gum stopped bleeding. However,food was getting cut in the crack so I decided to get a crown. While performing the procedure, there was a fowl odor, which indicated that there was decay and It bleed a lot. The crown was successfully attached and I was fine. My problem now is, the gum still bleeds when I floss and this is 3 months after. My dentist wants to remove the filling on tooth # 13 to stop the bleeding? please advice...

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - March - 2011, at 19:53 PM

• Your dentist may be right in removing the filling of #13 and redoing it if the bleeding is from the area between the gums of #13 & #14. As you written that when the filling broke in #14, the bleeding stopped but after getting crown it again started, so that means the food is getting impacted between the crown and adjacent teeth. Sometimes when the filling is not properly contoured this may occur as over contoured or under contoured filling may cause irritation of the gums and gums cannot be cleaned properly. First try doing warm saline rinsing and massaging that area with good gum paint available otc and if it does not subside then you can get the filling changed. For more info on home remedies for dental problems you can read this article in our website.... www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation