i've been wearing a partial denture since i was 12 and im now 23... im tired of taking it out of my mouth.. i was wondering if i could get one cemented in my mouth.. not drilled.. im tired of the hassel.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - December - 2010, at 02:30 AM

• Definately, you can opt for fixed partial denture. These are fixed or cemented in the mouth by taking support from adjacent teeth which are known as abutment teeth. The teeth which are replaced are called pontics. The bridges are cemented with dental cement on the abutment teeth. But before going for this, the dentist has to evaluate whether you are good candidate for these and plan the fixed bridges taking in consideration the teeth which have to be replaced and the teeth that are already present in the mouth. These are quite costly than the removable partial dentures. The cost is unitwise and can vary from $600 to $900 per tooth. However their life is long and can last upto 10 years. In this you can go for PFM or All ceramic crowns. If you have insurance then your dental insurance will cover it according to the policy coverage. If you get these there will be no hassle of removing them as they are fixed.

Another option can be dental implant which is a surgical procedure which probable you donot want. For more info fixed partial dentures you can read the following article in our website.   www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation