hello, my tooth cracked on the right side.. I would say its the 5th tooth, but I know dentist number the teeth differently, anyway half of the tooth is still in. There have been times when I ate something sweet and it hurt that tooth area alot. Now when I rub my face as if to wipe something from my cheek, using a downward swipe from my nose, I feel this pressure.. and when I feel my gums I do feel a knot or something. I feel pressure when I push on the knot. Is it dangerous? Will it cause a brain infection?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - September - 2010, at 08:20 AM

• It looks like your tooth is infected. Normally it does not cause the brain infection but any focus of infection in the body is not good. you have to visit the dentist and if he can save it then you have to go for the root canal treatment and if sufficient tooth structure is there then the dentist will give the crown but if support is less then the post and core is recommended. if the tooth can not be saved then you have to get it pulled out and get either the bridge or the implant. For more info on cracked tooth syndrome you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-cracked-tooth-205.aspx

Free Dental Consultation