A Piece of my tooth broke off and i want to know will it grow back and it just happen today. The piece was small

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 16 - October - 2011, at 23:34 PM

  • If a part of adult tooth broke off, then it doesn’t come back.  You need to get the tooth restored if it broke off. You can get dental bonding done to restore the tooth if it is a small part and if a large part of tooth is broken, then dental lumineers, veneers or dental crowns may also be required. if the pulp that is ther nerve of the tooth is exposed, then root canal treatment is done for the tooth.  Adult tooth if broken needs to be restored otherwise it can lead to sensitivity to hot and cold food stuffs and may cause pain later on. If it is a baby tooth, then the tooth will fall in some time and will be replaced with adult tooth. For the time being, don’t eat from that side of the tooth. It might break further if more of pressure is applied on it. For more info on how chipped tooth is repaired by the dentist, you can refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation