Hi. I'm Lauren, I'm 17 years old and I have (or rather, had)two baby canine teeth. One of my baby canines is totally intact while the other had a visible gap was deteriorating, with the adult tooth just barely visible and poking out. The rotting baby tooth had a HUGE gap in it and it has been driving me crazy for a year now since my last dentist visit. I've been begging and pleading with my parents to take me to see an orthodontist like the dentist said I needed to. However, every time I bring it up they would just complain about how expensive it will be and how neither of them have the money for it (I have no dental coverage.) I was fiddling with it earlier, wiggling it and pulling on it and it popped out. There wasn't an absurd amount of blood or anything but now I'm really worried.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - September - 2011, at 04:18 AM

• If your baby canine was present at the age of 17 and adult canine was coming then this baby tooth is called as retained baby tooth. Ideally you should not pull it yourself. it either comes out itself or it should be pulled out by dentist who makes sure that no part is left inside. But now you have already pulled it out . so just relax. This tooth was meant to be pulled out and now a permanent tooth will come in its place. But you should visit a dentist and get it checked so that no parts of tooth is left which can cause further problem. You have to find out from dentist whether you need ortho treatment or not as ideally this canine should have gone at age of 10 and replaced by adult tooth. If bleeding is there then you can use pressue pack and use something cold. After 24 hours do warm saline rinses and maintaing good oral hygiene. for more info on tooth extraction aftercare you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation