Hi, I found out last week then I will need fillings along with two crown placements. The costs associated with these procedures are high, as my insurance coverage is limited right now. However, it switches over to full coverage in about 4 months, so everything would be free. I am tight on money right now so this seems like a good idea to me. However, I wanted professional opinion on whether it would be okay to wait 4 more months to get these procedures done. Thank you, Leonard

Leave Comment

Comments

• Mrs Ang

Mrs Ang 22 - May - 2011, at 18:22 PM

• i have my temporary crown placed on but having hot sensitive, when using interbush bleed. After taken food, my tooth#27 got itchy and sometimes it score. What is the caused of the problem. thanks

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - May - 2011, at 20:39 PM

• Yes it is good idea to wait for 4 months but all the treatment cannot wait. For dental fillings wait of 4 months is too much as in this period the dental cavity can get deeper and get exposed and then it will become problemswhich may require Root Canal Treatment. In case you are tight on money then you can go for amalgam filling and afterwards when you are on full coverage then get tooth colored composite restoration. Dental crowns can wait  for 4 months but that also depends on many things like if the crown is needed on already root canal treated tooth then there are chances of tooth get fractured as after root canal it become brittle. You have to weigh your options and take decide. For more info on dental fillings you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_indications-and-procedures-for-compsites-43.aspx

Free Dental Consultation