Hello, I'm looking to finally get dental insurance after 10+ years of not being seen by a dentist. I'm 26 years old and my teeth look much older. I have an extra tooth that sits at the top layer of teeth, about 3 slightly chipped teeth, bad breath caused from the area beneath the extra tooth and stained teeth. I am not sure what type of dentists I need to see, as I'm sure a general dentist would just refer me to someone else anyhow. Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - April - 2011, at 19:58 PM

  • Good finally you are gonna have dental insurance which is must for every body to take care of his teeth. From the problems you described, they seems to be simple and not very complicated and can be easily taken care of by any general dentist. In case you are concerned and want to go to best then may be for extra tooth you  can go to oral surgeon for its extraction. For chipped teeth you can check with some cosmetic dentist who are basically GD's only. Stained teeth can be easily taken care of in GD office by doing cleaning and may be tooth whitening (it is not covered in dental insurance). However in many cases, dental insurance reimburse specialist treatments only on referral from general dentist. So in my opinion go to your general dentist and discuss the things with him. However for better dental health keep good oral hygiene and for that you can read this article ....... www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation