I have impacted, rotting, wisdon teeth that are coming in on the bottom set of teeth. I was in the emergency room earlier where I was give hydrocodone and penicillin vk. I am only supposed to take the hydrocodone 2 times a day, but it's only vaguely dulling the pain for about 2 hours and then Im back in pain that I can't bear. Is there anything else I can do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - August - 2011, at 04:39 AM

• Your wisdom teeth are infected and the pain is due to infection. The pain killer can only take care of pain but not the infection. Till your infection is controlled the pain cannot be controlled even by pain killer tabs and for controlling infection you have to take antibiotics. Along with taking pain killers you can do warm saline rinses and keep the area very clean. Donot eat anything from that side. You can apply clove oil or put clove there. Antibiotics will contol infection then your pain will subside. You have to get the decayed wisdom teeth pulled out. so schedule an appointment with your dentist and get exam and xray done. He will prescribe the right antibiotic after assessing the infection. For more info on wisdom teeth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_wisdom-tooth-extraction-253.aspx

Free Dental Consultation