well, Yesterday at the dentist they put cloves in on my bottom right where the wisdom tooth used to be, and today it came out, and I can tell the hole is a little bigger now, my mom say's i'm ok, because when they put it in I never had pain in my ear, only my jaw, so she didn't think it was a dry socket, but I want a proffesional opinion. please tell me I'll be ok. if not then oh no! please this is urgent for me, thank you for your time, I'm trusting you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - January - 2012, at 01:19 AM

• Cloves can be given for pain relief. After tooth extraction, if blood clot is dislodged, then it leads to a very painful condition called as dry socket. Dry socket usually occurs 2-5 days after tooth extraction and extraction socket will appear empty or necrotic in this condition. Pain is not relieved even after by intake of pain meds in case of dry socket. For treatment of dry socket, medicated dressing is given to the patient along with pain meds. To reduce pain, your dentist must have given you clove in tooth extraction socket. If clove has come out and there is no pain now, then you don’t need to worry. Putting a clove in extraction socket may have made the extraction socket hole appear bigger. You can continue with warm saline rinses for faster healing to take place and follow the instructions of your dentist. Keep tooth extraction socket area clean to avoid any secondary infections. If you experience pain or other complications, then you can visit your dentist for evaluation. For detailed info on healing of tooth extraction socket, you can refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-healing-of-the-extraction-socket-874.aspx

Free Dental Consultation