I noticed a week ago that my upper front teeth and the ones next to them wiggle a little. At first I could just feel it with my fingers and when i pushed them with my lower teeth, but now I can actually see them (especially the one on the left) move a tiny bit. I do clench my teeth a little at night and I have a wisdom tooth coming out on the upper left part of my mouth. Also, I have been pushing at my teeth a lot since I've noticed this wiggle. My teeth are healthy and I brush them twice a day but I'm still very worried. Is this normal? Do teeth wiggle a little? Is my wiggling them making it worse? I can only go to the dentist in a week and I'm getting really worried...

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - October - 2010, at 10:33 AM

• There is slight mobilty in the teeth as they are suspended by the periodontal ligament in the socket. The front teeth shows more mobility as compared to the back teeth as the front teeth have single root while the back teeth have multiple roots. If you have healthy teeth and maintain good oral hygeine then there is nothing to be worried about. but if you grind yor teeth ,it is better to wear the night guard at night as it will take care of your habit of grinding the teeth. For more info on bruxism you can visit the following link on our website....www.identalhub.com/article_diagnosing-and-curing-bruxism-13.aspx

Free Dental Consultation